Sam's Microsoft Dynamics 365 Blog

Wednesday 26 February 2020

Add a Calculated Date on a Date Field with Workflow

In this article, we will discuss about How to add a Calculated Date on a Date Field with Workflow.

Here I am going to create a new workflow that will trigger on email activity record creation. And it will create a Task with Actual Start Date and Actual End Date. In Actual Start date I will put Current record creation date and in Actual End Date I will put 1-month later date.

So, let's discuss step by step:

1. Create a new workflow e.g. I have created on Email new record creation.

2. Add a step e.g. I have created a new Task in step.




3. Select a Date field e.g. I have selected a field “Actual End”.

4. I want to add 1-month later date, so I am Selecting below Values in Form Assist

   • “Month as 1”
   • “After”
   • “Email” and “Created On”
                       


                        
5. Then click on Add.




6. I am also putting Created on Value inside “Actual Start”.

7. Save and Activate the Workflow.

Now i am going to create an Email record.

After create an Email record, workflow has created a new Task and it is working fine with date values.


Thanks for reading the article. Hope this Article will helpful for you. Cheers!!!

3 comments:

  1. Whats up this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear,

    I really prefer your blog..! This blog are very useful for me and other. So I see it every day.
    Check out For Business ERP services at Naviworld.com.sg Cloud based ERP solutions. This cloud ERP software and system helps to reduce your startup costs by avoiding upfront hardware and software purchases Microsoft ERP solutions. NaviWorld Singapore is your go-to vendor.

    Visit Now - https://naviworld.com.sg/our-solutions/erp-cloud/
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Web Resource vs PCF vs Canvas App - which of the one is used?

While started working on specific Business Requirements related to custom layout, there is a always common question that "where to star...